South Africa’s average salaries base its statistics on the different markets. Therefore, it is essential to understand how these salaries come into play to calculate the average. The logistics salary in South Africa bases its average on various factors such as education, gender, and experience. The logistics volume keeps rising due to beneficial factors such as a stable electricity supply. It also factors in the volume of freight transported via land. Therefore, these factors contribute to the logistics average salary in South Africa 2022. South Africa has made significant investments that upgrade its road infrastructure and boost the logistics market. It has led to a boost in the logistics market. It effectively elevated the country as a marketable state for regulated and increased trade. An analysis of South Africa’s logistics market shows how the differences in market trends influence the market dynamics and logistics spendings to influence average salaries. In 2022, these patterns have experienced different changes due to the difference in market size estimation, and differences in emerging trends that influence these logistics.
The current situation on the logistics salary in South Africa in 2022
Logistics jobs salary in South Africa in 2022 shows the variances in the money average per month, year, and hour. The logistics jobs salary in South Africa factors the amount and the number of people holding the position to calculate the average. The average logistics salary in South Africa approximates to around R 300,002 annually, which amounts to R 154 per hour.
The average hourly wage in South Africa is 220 ZAR, depending on the level and experience. The logistics industry contributes to approximately 10 percent of the GDP. The experience level shows a variation. The average salary ranges from R 204,000 annually for an entry-level position and increases to R 3,600,000 annually. Various positions evaluate the average salary in logistics. The logistics jobs salary in South Africa varies with the role and experience such as the following:
- A logistics director can earn up to R 2.4 million per year, leading to an average of R2 million for that position.
- Currently, the logistics manager salary in South Africa is approximately R 358,030 with an average salary of R30,433 per month. The average salary for a logistics manager is 9 percent less than the salary of an executive and management role
- A transportation logistics manager gets an average base salary of R610,542 per year.
- For a logistics coordinator in South Africa, the average salary is R 22,000 per month. Therefore, the average salary for the logistics coordinator per year is R 264,000.
- Entry-level positions for logistic coordinators start at R 199,500 annually. The experienced senior logistics coordinator positions get an average annual salary of approximately R2, 613, 084.
The positions receive compensation based on their level of experience. These bonuses are estimates that ensure employees in South Africa enjoy their hard-earned money.
The monthly salary range for anyone working in logistics in South Africa is from 8,502 ZAR to 27,100 ZAR. The amount mentioned includes the bonuses and it varies depending on the different job positions. Logistics salary in South Africa analyses these patterns to understand the expected averages and bonuses. With factors such as experience level at play, the average logistics salary keeps increasing. The higher the experience, the higher the wage. Such a factor contributes to the following results.
- A logistics manager’s salary in South Africa with at least two years of experience is 22,400 ZAR monthly.
- A logistics manager’s salary in South Africa with 2-5 years experience is 28,700 ZAR.
- A logistics manager salary in South Africa with experience between 5-10 years has a salary of 39,600ZAR.
- Logistics manager salary in South Africa with 10-15 years earns 52,600 ZAR
- Logistics manager salary in South Africa whose experience exceeds 20 years get a salary of 56,100 ZAR.
The education levels influence the salary that a logistics manager can earn in the following ways:
- The high school level makes the salary 27,900 ZAR per month.
- A certificate or diploma makes one receive 32,000 ZAR.
- Bachelor’s degree holders receive an average salary of 43,100 ZAR.
- Master’s degree holders get an average salary of 54,300 ZAR.
Notably, the salary increments influenced by education get reviewed upon completion, and one attains the said degree. A logistics manager salary in South Africa depends on the mentioned factor to get a raise. The gender gap comes into play in South Africa. The male logistics manager in South Africa earns 8 percent more than the female counterparts. Logistics managers receive salary increments every 17 months at an approximate percentage of 13 percent. Also, the bonuses they receive are usually monetary bonuses. Their role as logistics managers is to plan, direct, and coordinate storage and distribution of raw materials and supplies within an organization.
The following are bonuses considered when assessing average salaries:
- Individual performance-based bonuses. It is awarded based on individual’s exceptional performance
- Company performance bonuses. These are bonuses granted to everyone and vary from person to person
- Goal-based bonuses. It is gained upon achieving a milestone
- Holiday bonuses. It is issued as an appreciation token
Closing remarks concerning the logistics jobs salary in South Africa
Logistic salary in South Africa expresses how different factors influence them. The logistics manager salary in South Africa bases its expectations on experience and education levels. Even though gender should not be a thing when it comes to the logistics salary in South Africa, it is still an indicating factor.
Logistics jobs salary in South Africa depends on these factors to make a relevant average. Therefore, the logistics jobs salary in South Africa accounts for the indicated averages. The variances come in the logistics jobs salary in South Africa due to the different positions and roles. To conclude, the logistics job salary in South Africa shows how different factors manage to influence the salaries and get the right averages for the roles. This direction serves as a guide in making the right choices for one who wants to venture into logistics. Therefore, the logistics job salary in South Africa will influence these average salary decisions.