Chief of Staff | Job offer- Johannesburg, South AfricaPermanent Enko education posted 10 months ago
Chief of Staff
Enko education is a network of african international schools Chief of Staff
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Mid Level
Have you just graduated with a dynamic Master degree, or are you currently enjoying your first professional experience in a working environment driven by strong growth?
Do you thrive when you manage a project from end to end? Are you proud when things are well-structured, organized, timed and when commitments are respected? Are your colleagues telling you how helpful, insightful and caring you are despite time pressure and a workload that would make many others lose their calm and smile? Please carry on and discover the following job offer!
We are hiring for a position of Chief of Staff to accompany the CEO and leadership team. This is a challenging, high-growth, high-visibility, and rewarding role that exposes you to all aspects of a fast-growing organization aiming to transform the African educational landscape. You will be the CEO’s right-hand person, managing group priorities (OKRs), overseeing cross-cutting group initiatives, leadership offsites, and keeping work ongoing across all aspects of the organization .
The Chief of Staff ensures the delivery of group priorities and projects. Roles to play:
- Initiator: Managing and following up emblematic, transversal and/or strategic projects; facilitate key strategy discussions by supporting effective decision-making. Formalizing, proposing methodologies, leading debates within the Group;
- Implementer: Driving priorities to successful completion by supporting the elaboration, formalization, cascading and monitoring of the group vision, strategy and priorities; Acquiring stakeholders buy-in by providing value.
- Administrator: Making the trains run on time by running the key leadership meetings/workshops (including Group Board Meetings and subcommittees). Establish agenda, ensure adequate preparation, animate the meeting, track and monitor follow-ups;
- Gatekeeper: Managing the CEO meeting’s agenda, taking unnecessary conversations off his plate. Serving as an information funnel, filter, and facilitator. Drafting key internal and institutional communications for the CEO (pitch, interviews, blogs, and speeches).
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief of Staff manages and interacts closely the company’s leadership team and key stakeholders. He/she develops a unique understanding of the entire organization at all levels to impulse-momentum, ensure alignment and focus, alert on risks, and fill the gap when needed.
The ideal candidate
As an ideal candidate you:
- Demonstrate an interest and passion for Sub-Saharan Africa and share our excitement to offer top-notch education to the African middle-classes;
- Love to solve problems and run them with a sense of urgency;
- Have a strong ownership and have an analytical thinking;
- Are extremely rigorous/organized, respect deadline and do not procrastinate;
- Have strong writing skills – you can write fluently in English;
- Have strong interpersonal skills to represent perspectives, get buy-in and commitment from stakeholders;
- Speak English and French (a must), Portuguese is a plus;
Location and Date of start
The aim is to start this new role in September 2021 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Location during the Covid 19 pandemic is flexible.
About Enko Education
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access to the world’s best universities for learners across Africa.
Enko Education has developed innovative program leading to globally recognized and sought after qualifications. We can offer those at the minimum of the cost charged by other international schools in Africa. Furthermore, Enko learners are supported in their higher education applications through our university guidance program. It supports them in selecting the right universities and then securing both admission and financing for their studies. We offer an outstanding learning experience striving to educate our learners with Africa at heart and the world in mind.