Country Manager | Offre d’emploi (Swaziland/eSwatini)Permanent Mukuru posted 2 months ago
An awesome opportunity has become available for a Country Manager to join our team based in Eswatini.
The purpose of this position is to manage the daily operations and staff of the branches across the country and identify ways to expand and enhance the Business.
The Country Manager reports directly to the Head of Sales and Operations.
This position is responsible for managing the overall functioning of the entire country’s operation and identifying opportunities for expanding and developing the business. The position is also responsible for building trusting relationships with the banks and negotiating better Foreign Exchange deals for the business.
Internal Liaison takes place with internal staff, business development, IT, marketing, and finance teams.
External liaison takes place with service providers, regulatory bodies, and payment partners.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To manage the overall daily operation of small to medium-sized branches/stores
- Make strategic decisions to improve the overall efficiency of the country’s operation
- Identify ways to increase overall revenue and decrease expenditure while not compromising on customer service
- Carry out audits at all branches to ensure all regulatory requirements are in place
- To manage and build effective relationships with the relevant banks and required sectors of the business
- To negotiate optimal and beneficial deals on foreign exchange with the banks
- To identify opportunities to expand and develop business
- Keep abreast of remittance developments
- To perform general people management functions
- Participate in recruitment processes for new staff
- Identify and implement ways to retain staff
- Ensure staff training and refresher training is carried out as and when required
- To conduct performance management functions to ensure effective running of the departments
- Monitor team members performance and targets
- Coach and mentor staff when required
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Relevant Degree / Diploma (Essential)
- Valid driver’s license and own car (Essential)
- Bilingual in relevant African language (Essential)
- 10 years experience in the Financial / Foreign Exchange Industry (Essential) of which 5 years Management Experience (Essential)
- Retail experience advantage (Desirable)
- Knowledge of foreign exchange principles
- Knowledge of strategic principles
- Knowledge of remittance processes and systems
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of foreign currencies
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and statutory requirements
- Knowledge of financial reporting & HR principles
- Computer skills in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Analytical skills
- Multitasking skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS
Register at Sabiss and discover more job opportunities!