Hardware Asset Manager | Job in Johannesburg, South AfricaPermanent ATOS posted 2 weeks ago
Hardware Asset Manager Job: Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures verification of data quality of the registration of hardware assets and maintenance contracts. Ensures linkage of assets and the connected obligations to the supplier contracts and the involved profit/cost center hardware manager job
- Tracks the assignment HW assets versus utilization.
- Obtains usage data from the business/operations.
- Align and record usage and needs with involved Profit/Cost Center on a regular base
- The Hardware Asset Manager will be responsible for the optimization of the hardware lifecycle of Atos owned Hardware.
- R-use / Redeployment of unused hardware asset manager job
- Transfer of hardware cost allocation between organizational units.
- Provide information concerning reallocation/redeployment, disposal and end of life
- Verify potential of volume contracts (consolidation) with procurement.
- Fulfills the CAPEX approver role in Guided Buying asset manager job
- Align with vendor the contractual reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Together with procurement acts as a liaison between the relevant business stakeholders within Atos and hardware vendors.
- Support preparing for the relevant investment committees.
- Allocates costs to the right profit/cost center
Qualifications & Skills
- 4 Year college degree preferred in Business Information System or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT Asset Lifecycle Management experience required.
- Experience in development of IT Asset Lifecycle Management processes.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills hardware manager job
- Extreme detail oriented in all aspects of work.
- Ability to understand and interpret KPIs, SLAs and other IT service performance metrics as related to Asset Life Cycle Management and perform within the contract requirements hardware manager job
- Hardware Asset Manager with ability to work as an effective team member as well as a self-motivated individual contributor. Proven ability to deliver high quality work on time and with minimal supervision, this role requires a self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand how to analyze and stabilize a P&L.
- Knowledge and understanding of current standards for hardware as published by
- procurement and portfolio/towers.
- Understanding of finance rules for capitalization and depreciation. Basic understanding of leasing contracts and related reporting, IFRS 16, reporting for finance department asset manager job
- Understanding of the Asset Management policy, the related processes and workflows / working procedures. Ability to transmit that knowledge to other. Excellent understanding of the asset management tool platform.
- Understanding of the relationship between Asset Management and SACM processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Expert level use of Excel in working with multiple large data sources to combine for use in problem resolution
- Fluent in English
- Additional of one other language such as French, Turkish, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese is preferred
The job is based in Johannesburg, South Africa asset manager job