Information Technology Support EngineerTemporary Xml posted 3 months ago
XML is steadily and rapidly expanding globally. We are an innovative and solution-driven organization and we are dynamically altering the way our clients access our services. Our business has grown exponentially, evolving from a service provider to a software platform as part of our mission to become the category leader. We are looking for an information technology support engineer.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN IT SUPPORT ENGINEER:
• Support and coordinate the IT aspects of the Onboarding and Offboarding processes, including sourcing the relevant equipment for rapid dispatch and remote set up on a global scale.
• Provide remote support services for involving Microsoft’s core business applications: Windows Server, Microsoft Office 365 products, including Exchange Online, Share Point Online and Office software. Also including our virtual environments built on Microsoft, and VMware.
• Provide technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, security and VoIP telephony solutions.
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Remote Desktop Services.
• Engineer and implement system solutions for colleagues using technologies that meet their specific requirements.
• Support a wide variety of customer-specific line-of-business applications.
• Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
• Coordinate system documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
• Utilising the ticketing system to track and resolve colleague queries and support requests in line with our KPI’s.
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• System monitoring and remedial actions as required.
• Communication with colleagues as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
• Participating, coordinating or managing ad-hoc projects when required.
QUALIFICATIONS OF AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT ENGINEER :
• Proven experience as 2nd line IT support.
• Demonstrable in-depth experience with Microsoft Office 365 products, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Office software. Experience with Microsoft Azure environment / Azure AD. Understanding of VoIP technologies.
• Good knowledge of networking, including WAN and LAN connectivity, routing, switching, DNS, etc
• Microsoft Server technology experience, incl. Hyper-V, DHCP, DNS, licensing, and familiarity with virtualization technologies in general.
• Desktop and laptop hardware provisioning and troubleshooting.
• Demonstrable cyber security awareness, incl. Cyber Essentials scheme.
• Possesses the ability to operate autonomously with Excellent organizational skills.
• Deadline-focused and able to prioritize workload effectively.
• Able to manage a sizeable workload in a fast-paced environment.
• High sense of ownership and urgency, with a proven experience of delivering the objectives and goals required by an ever-developing business.
• Self-motivated, forward-thinking, and tenacious. Able to take initiative, develop a vision and carry it through.
• Strong communication skills, able to work with a variety of different people at different levels both internally and externally.
Register at Sabiss to apply and discover more job opportunities!