Network Optimization EngineerPermanent NFT Consult posted 2 months ago
We seek a Network Optimization Engineer to join a dynamic team of highly skilled engineers to deliver complex and high-quality solutions, projects, and support to the customer. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Monitor & analyze the GSM, WCDMA/HSDPA Radio Network Statistics on daily basis.
• Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted KPIs (Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity).
• Responsible for reducing congestion and drops, improving the IRAT Handover, Soft Handover, Location Update, Paging, CSSR, RRC Connection & RAB Establishment Success rate in his designated area for all Voice, Video Packet & High Speed, issuing capacity requests whenever needed.
• Responsible for Inconsistencies Checks, Packet Throughput, Parameter changes & Physical changes.
• Responsible for testing the radio performance for the newly integrated sites.
• Discuss the frequency & Scrambling Code retunes requests with his team leader for his designated area.
• Responsible for the drive test analysis and taking the necessary action to improve the performance of his area.
• Change the radio-related parameters, by using the GATS, which is an Oracle Database designed to streamline the interaction between the Optimization team & O&M team.
• Participate in technical discussions with the customer in order to gather product-related information.
• Perform Radio Network Surveys, i.e. visit possible sites in order to judge if they are suitable from a radio network point of view (Hardware & Location).
• Evaluate and adopt new methods and technologies regarding Radio Network Optimization, Features, Trials & Tuning.
• Help the customer to get more knowledge about Vendors’ products by holding seminars and presentations of new or enhanced products and functionality.
• Ability to use various tools.
• Be involved in trial projects for new products & features.
Academic Qualifications :
Bachelor’s Degree/ M.Sc. in I.T / Computer Science/Engineering or appropriate field of study
Work experience and Required Competences :
Minimum of 5 years experience in busy network environment. Telecom environment is an added advantage
• Minimum 3 years with vendors (Ericsson, Nokia-Siemens, Huawei) or well-known operators in telecommunication or related field
• Professional certifications i.e. CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/JNCIS/HCIA etc. are preferred
Desirable Attributes :
Strong knowledge of IP domain products such as router, switch, firewall
• Strong understanding of customer requirements and ability to deliver competitive solutions
• Knowledge of service provider, data center and enterprise network environments, technologies, solutions
• Strong understanding of core network technologies (MPLS/ L2/L3VPNs, VPLS, EVPN, IPV6, SRV6, MSTP, NAT/CGNAT)
• Excellent knowledge of the field of 2G/3G radio communication and optimization
• Strong communication skills
• Customer centricity