Procurement Assistant | Job vacancy : Nairobi, KenyaPermanent NFT Consult posted 2 weeks ago
JOB TITLE: Procurement Assistant
REPORTING LINE: HOD Chairman
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- 5 years’ procurement experience.
- High level honesty and integrity.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of procurement procedures and systems.
- Ability to proof read documents for quality.
- A high level of courtesy, listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure within timeframes.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work well in a team or independently.
- Proficient in MS Office with good analytical and decision-making skills;
Ensure timely delivery of all materials and services with high quality, low-cost products to operate effectively and efficiently after reviewing and analyzing all options as per company policy and procedures.
- Ensure all purchase orders are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure cost and value of all products and services purchased are optimize through robust negotiation
- Ensure selection of suppliers based on merit criteria;
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices for decision making
- Work with internal staff and external suppliers to determine procurement needs, quality, price and delivery requirements;
- Verify quantification of order such as delivery, warranty, and damages for evaluation of supplier’s performance;
- Carries out all necessary procurement activities and place order upon release.
- Ensures timely delivery of quality products at the lowest possible cost:
- Maintain purchasing records in company data bank for future reference
- Effective management of supply risks under appropriate supply contract
- Ensure supplier base is managed, monitored and measured at all time
- To build and maintain credible relationships with suppliers
- Ensure that all purchasing administration and reporting requirements are completed and maintained in line with company policy and procedures
- Assist staff / supplier’s queries related to procurement and address / resolve any non-compliance / discrepancies issues on time;
- Ensure constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Submits original documents such as LPO, invoices, delivery notes etc. to accounts department upon receipt of goods;
- Implements and monitors the purchasing budget.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
- Keep good reporting channel, and avoid over communication
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA:
- Accurate procurement dashboard email to concern parties on every Saturday
- Goods are purchased and deliver to site within 1 week as per internal requisitions
- Submit original procurement documents to accounts department upon receipt of goods to avoid payment delay.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you possess the above skills and experience, apply by sending your resume in PDF through our website www.nftconsult.com.
Sign In/ Sign Up at Sabiss to discover more job opportunities!