Secondary School Teacher | Jobs in Education (Mozambique)Temporary Enko education posted 4 months ago
Amazing Grace Private School, a school of the Enko Education network, is looking for a secondary school teacher for the following subjects and Grades to start in January 2022:
- Mathematics – Grade 10-12
- Geography – Grade 10-12
- Economics – Grade 10-12
- Physics – Grade 10-12
- Tourism – Grade 10-12
- EMS – Grade 7-9
- Afrikaans – Grade 7-9
- Junior Primary Teacher Grades 1 – 3
The Secondary School Teacher Role At Amazing Grace Private School:
As a secondary school teacher, you will specialize in teaching a specific subject, likely to be the subject you studied at university or related to it. It is a perfect career choice if you are enthusiastic about your degree subject and want to share your knowledge. Essentially, your primary objective will be to impart your subject-specific knowledge using creative, interactive, and engaging teaching methods.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to the curriculum.
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop, and field studies
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer, and correct tests
- Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students, and discuss results with parents and school officials
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops
- May teach and evaluate students through distance or online courses
- May advise students on course selection and vocational and personal matters
- May supervise student teachers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has full professional proficiency in English
- Is qualified to teach any of the subjects we are hiring for and be registered with the South African Council for Educators (SACE)
- Holds a valid work permit to work in South Africa and a valid South African Police Clearance (proof of application is good)
- Holds a professional teaching qualification PGCE and a bachelor’s degree or higher in the subject area
- Can work with pupils in a nurturing way to develop each one holistically.
- Can incorporate technology into teaching practice.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, students, and parents;
- Has an open and creative outlook to education;
- Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport and build professional relationships with adolescents.
- Shows a high degree of professionalism and a growth mindset;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, imagination, commitment, energy, and discipline
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African International Schools. Through an outstanding international education, rich extra-curricular experiences, and a rigorous career planning and university admissions program, we seek to increase access for learners across Africa into the world’s best universities. This is achieved while offering tuition fees as low as a fifth of what other international schools may charge.
Enko Education has developed an innovative model to unlock learners’ potential. With 14 schools across Africa, Enko Education operates in Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Mali, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, and South Africa. It aims to open 50 more schools in the next five years. Several international financing institutions, including Proparco, I&P, OikoCredit, LiquidAfrica, and BIO, support Enko Education’s vision and ambition.
For a fuller picture, please visit us at www.enkoeducation.com
Register at Sabiss to discover more job opportunities!