Senior Network Consultant | Île-de-France, FranceTemporary Xml posted 3 weeks ago
This position ( Senior Network Consultant ) permits remote work with 25% or less travel
The PS Senior SDWAN Consultant will be responsible for the client’s overall Versa SDWAN assessment, design, implementation, and consultation. Presentation of migration and implementation strategy for large client’s SDWAN deployment. Île-de-France, France
Senior Network Consultant: Role mission
• Develop trusted technical advisor relationships with internal & external organizations.
• Lead client on design and implantations strategies for large scale Versa deployment.
• Demonstrate value of Versa Network implementation by identifying areas of improvements and best practice design. Senior Network Consultant
• Sustain a leadership role within team by sharing experience and knowledge through technical sessions with examples.
• Accept individual ownership of issues, creative thinking though to develop resolutions.
• BS or higher with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) OR 8+ years of military service within a communications specialty (i.e. tactical data communications, technical controller, satellite communications, cyber security, etc.) OR 8+ years of experience within network engineering and other data communications fields. Senior Network Consultant
• Professional level industry certifications within the network engineering field such as CCNP or equivalent Senior Network Consultant
• 6+ years of technical experience and increasing responsibility (team lead, mentoring, and technical lead for large, multi-technology deployments)
• Demonstrated expertise with SDWAN technologies design and deployment. Examples of large scale Versa SDWAN deployments.
• Demonstrated expertise in solution design –ability to lead a design-related discussion with leading questions to fully vet solution requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design recommendation, knowledge of other technologies and their network requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.) Senior Network Consultant
• Demonstrated communication and relational skills – able to form a trusted advisor relationships, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
• Does not require direct supervision; able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
• Able to perform a wide variety of technical and organizational tasks and may lead or direct the work of others.
• Demonstrated history of mentoring less experienced engineers while maintaining productive relationships with peers. Senior Network Consultant
The ideal candidate may have the following:
• Professional or lower level industry technical certifications such as CCNP (any track), CCNA (any track), JNCIP (any track), etc.
• Certifications and/or significant exposure in other technical areas such as MCSE, CEH, security, UC, etc.
• Experience with any of the following: cellular WAN technologies and solutions, WAN optimization, Wireless LAN, datacenter technologies (load balancers, datacenter switching, etc.), virtualization technologies and concepts (Hypervisors, orchestration, software defined datacenter, NFV, etc.), security appliances and concepts (firewalls, IPS/IDS, identity management, access controls, etc.)
• SDWAN Platforms to include: Versa Senior Network Consultant
• SDWAN Platforms knowledge but not required: Cisco Viptela, Silverpeak, Fortinet, Palo Alto Senior Network Consultant