Software Asset Manager – Job Offer | South AfricaPermanent ATOS posted 2 weeks ago
ATOS is recruiting a software asset manager in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of a Software Asset Manager:
- Executes the Software Compliance Group-policy.
- SPoC for the Divisions and supplier for all license relevant topics e.g. manage SW audits, consult the business, clarify license discrepancies, apply global guidance, policies…)
- Ensures verification of data quality of software license registration (entitlements). Ensures linkage of assets and the connected obligations to the supplier contracts and the involved profit/cost center
- Tracks the assignment of licenses and provide transparency of software ownership versus usage.
- Ensures visibility of all acquired software licenses and the relevant license usage criteria derived from the SW contract.
- Obtain per contract the usage criteria from Purchasing/Contract owner.
- Obtains usage data from the business/operations on installed/used software.
- Through tooling, matches the entitlements with the measured usage of the software and as such verifies software compliance. Deviations are reported and in case of over-usage and under-usage alerts are raised.
- Align and record usage and needs with involved Profit/Cost Center (Contract owner) on a regular base
- Optimization of the software portfolio, termination of non-relevant licenses, termination of support agreements for unused licenses.
- R-use / Redeployment of unused licenses.
- Transfer of licenses between organizational units.
- Coordinating the correct recording and handling regarding the end-of-life process (e.g. license return at customer contract termination).
- Verify potential of volume contracts (consolidation) with procurement.
- Align with vendor the contractual reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Together with procurement acts as a liaison between the relevant businessstakeholders within Atos and software vendors.
- This may involve suggesting alternative software than what was requested with similar functionality.
- Support preparing for the relevant investment committees.
- Allocates costs to the right profit/cost center
Qualifications & Skills:
- 4 Year college degree preferred in Business Information System or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT Asset Lifecycle Management experience required.
- Experience in development of IT Asset Lifecycle Management processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of current standards for software as published byprocurement and portfolio/towers.
- Understanding of finance rules for capitalization and depreciation. Basic understanding of leasing contracts and related reporting, IFRS 16, reporting for finance department
- Understanding of software licensing rules or access to the necessary expertise.
- Ability to remain up to date with ever changing licensing rules.
- Understanding of the Asset Management policy, the related processes, andworkflows / working procedures. Ability to transmit that knowledge to other. Excellent understanding of the asset management tool platform.
- Understanding of the relationship between Asset Management and SACM processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Expert level use of Excel in working with multiplelarge data sources to combine for use in problem resolution
- Fluent in English.
- Additional of one other language such as French, Turkish, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese is preferred
- Remark: GCM level 4 to 6
Sign-Up/Sign-In to apply!