Teacher IB/IGCSE Geography and Global PerspectivesPermanent Enko education posted 2 months ago
Enko Botho Campus, African International School in Gaborone, Botswana, is looking to recruit a qualified IB and/or Cambridge IGCSE Teacher of Geography and Global Perspectives.
About Enko Education
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African International Schools. Through an outstanding international education, rich extra-curricular experiences, and a rigorous career planning and university admissions programme, we seek to increase access for learners across Africa into the world’s best universities.
Enko Education has developed an innovative model to unlock learners’ potential. As an IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) candidate school we expect our first IBDP students to graduate in 2023 and we also offer a full IGCSE programme from Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE).
Enko Education opened a brand new secondary school in Gaborone, Botswana in January 2020. For more information, please visit us at www.enkoeducation.com
Our school in Gaborone:
Founded in January 2020, Enko Botho Campus is an African international secondary school. It combines two of the world’s most prestigious curricula in a 6-year programme, namely the Cambridge Assessment International Examination Programmes (Checkpoint, IGCSE) in Form 1 through Form 5, and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme in IB1 and IB2.
We aim for the highest standards of teaching and learning and actively look for those committed to developing their pedagogical skills.
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced Geography and Global Perspectives Teacher.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a degree in Geography or a subject with substantial Social Science within the course
- Has extensive experience in teaching his / her subject(s) in secondary school and is passionate about his / her profession
- Has experience teaching international curricula (International Baccalaureate and/or Cambridge International Examinations)
- Holds relevant educational qualifications to teach in Botswana
- Is English speaking and can deliver the curriculum in English
- Understands that participation in training programmes is needed to enhance his / her skills as a teacher and has completed IBO Category 1 training
- Demonstrates openness and wants to adapt to a new educational context
- Shares our enthusiasm for the development of high-quality international education for students in Africa
- Understands that our mission requires us to work with limited resources and modest salaries
- Recognizes herself/himself in the